Very sporadic left-wing hackery from the world's laziest blogger

Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Figure of Fun

In one of my first posts, I mentioned the tiresome task of having to read tiresome "intellectuals" like the tiresome Jonah Goldberg. I think I may have to rescind that statement-his upcoming book looks like it will be brilliant comedy Iif in fact it is ever finished, or indeed, even started).

My favorite part of yesterday's blogospheric Jonah-kicking was his detailed, careful response to the fact that John Mackey is in fact a Libertarian:

He doesn't really seem to know what he's talking about (oh, and it's not like it's news to me that the owner of Whole Foods is a self-described libertarian but maybe the German obsession with organic food and environmentalism, for two examples, is news to Plumer). But that's okay, it's what I expected. To be continued, when the book comes out.


Breathtaking. A tortured, inane connection between German environmentalists, liberals and facism. I assume he is talking about 19th century German romanticism and its connection to the Nazis. Or something. In any case, now that this iron-clad connection has been made, I know that liberals like myself have been subconciously preparing for a supermarket Putsch. I can hardly wait.

The longer this book festers without being finished or published, the better it will have to be to avoid total ridicule. So many people are going to pick this thing clean that less talented writers like myself are going to have trouble getting in on the feeding frenzy.

No comments: